Full-stack software engineer specializing in front-end technologies. Passionate for creating enterprise-grade experiences with a focus on usability, accessibility, and performance.
Rochester Institute of Technology, B.Sc. Software Engineering
Languages, Frameworks, Tools & Skills
Open Source Projects
material-react-components: An open-source set of reusable, cross-browser and accessibility tested, react components that implement Google’s Material Design user interface (with responsive design): https://github.com/collegepulse/material-react-components
Intuit Inc., Software Engineer II — San Diego, CA — 08/2015 to Present
- Code and unit test functionality for Fuego, TurboTax’s cross-platform user experience rendering engine. Fuego consumes semantically described views (written in JSON), which are processed into front-end experiences for web and mobile (iOS/Android) platforms.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment with product owners and visual designers; understanding technical requirements and translating visual design into usable experiences.
- Fuego is built on a modern technology stack, including React, React Native, Babel, and Bootstrap, using an agile development process (Scrum).
CollegePulse, Cofounder and Full Stack Developer — San Diego, CA — 05/2015 to Present
- Worked independently to build an end-to-end Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for higher education institutions to gather feedback from their campus communities. Technologies include Node.js, Express, MySQL, Feathers.js, and Redux. Learn more at http://collegepulse.co.
- Collaboratively worked hands-on with DevOps to ensure a stable production environment.
RIT, Software Engineer — Rochester, NY — 10/2013 to 05/2015
- Built and launched the innovative PawPrints petition site (https://pawprints.rit.edu) for RIT’s student government. In its first two weeks, 15% of RIT’s 18,000 undergraduates authenticated into the site, creating 101 petitions that were signed 8,256 times. On completion of the academic year, our team increased student adoption to over 50% of undergraduates.
- Saved students from paying $2 million in new parking pass fees by providing a creative platform to voice their concerns to the Student Government and Administration.
- Technical stack include Meteor.js, Handlebars.js, and SASS.